By Kayla Matthews – According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 46 people die per day as a result of a drug overdose from prescription opioids. In 2017, there were an estimated 72,000 deaths from drug overdoses…
CHIME Opioid Task Force launched a fundraising campaign to support the newly created CHIME Opioid Health IT Action Center, a web-based repository for healthcare organizations seeking resources and knowledge on the opioid crisis.
By David Harlow JD MPH – The President declared an opioid abuse public health emergency, but it came with no funding, no added treatment resources, no naloxone, no expanded counseling capacity, no mandate for use of different treatment modalities.
By Dr. Elizabeth Marshall – “You can’t save everyone” I painfully remind myself after hearing about the fentanyl overdose of the 29-year-old man that we so desperately tried to help over the years. A man that floated in and out of our lives.
OUR STREAMING RADIO STATION
HealthcareNOW Radio – Past Episodes On Demand
Miss any episodes of your favorite HealthcareNOW Radio shows? Find them all on our SoundCloud Channel. Play or Download Here
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- Bundled Payments – Last Call???
- Agreeing on Outcomes is Good, Achieving Outcomes with Data Analytics is Even Better
- Podcast: KHN’s ‘What The Health?’ Still More ‘Medicare-For-All’
- Apply to Participate in the 2019 Factors Associated with Reporting Quality Measures Study
- Virtual Care: Transforming the Way We See Our Providers
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net