By Kayla Matthews – According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 46 people die per day as a result of a drug overdose from prescription opioids. In 2017, there were an estimated 72,000 deaths from drug overdoses…
CHIME Opioid Task Force launched a fundraising campaign to support the newly created CHIME Opioid Health IT Action Center, a web-based repository for healthcare organizations seeking resources and knowledge on the opioid crisis.
By David Harlow JD MPH – The President declared an opioid abuse public health emergency, but it came with no funding, no added treatment resources, no naloxone, no expanded counseling capacity, no mandate for use of different treatment modalities.
By Dr. Elizabeth Marshall – “You can’t save everyone” I painfully remind myself after hearing about the fentanyl overdose of the 29-year-old man that we so desperately tried to help over the years. A man that floated in and out of our lives.
OUR STREAMING RADIO STATION
Our Podcast Channel
Miss any episodes of your favorite HealthcareNOW Radio shows? Find them all on our SoundCloud Channel. Play or Download Here
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- How NLP Reveals Social Determinants Data to Improve Population Health
- Strategic Tips for Aligning Case Management and Revenue Cycle
- AHIMA19: Health Data and Information Conference
- ‘An Arm And A Leg’: Real Lessons Doctors Can Learn From Fake Patients
- CMS: Beyond the Policy
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net