Lee Kim, Director, Privacy and Security for HIMSS North America, joins us on our next HIPAA Chat to share her insights on the topic of cyber security and discuss some of the results of a recent survey conducted by HIMSS.
By Lee Kim – Data breaches are happening with increasing frequency. There may even be breaches that have occurred, which you may not have heard about. Many companies rely on their attorneys to help them make the decision on whether or not to report a breach.
By Lee Kim – In healthcare, the number and volume of the breaches are ever increasing. For many of these breaches, phishing is the initial point of compromise. The human tends to be the weakest link and so hackers tend to exploit the low hanging fruit. Much of the information which is exfiltrated ends up on the black market (e.g., medical identity information, intellectual property, financial information, etc.).
OUR STREAMING RADIO STATION
Our Podcast Channel
Miss any episodes of your favorite HealthcareNOW Radio shows? Find them all on our SoundCloud Channel. Play or Download Here
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- How NLP Reveals Social Determinants Data to Improve Population Health
- Strategic Tips for Aligning Case Management and Revenue Cycle
- AHIMA19: Health Data and Information Conference
- ‘An Arm And A Leg’: Real Lessons Doctors Can Learn From Fake Patients
- CMS: Beyond the Policy
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net