By Jeffrey Brady MD & Gopal Khanna MBA – Each year an estimated 1 in 20 U.S. adults experiences missed, delayed, or incorrect diagnoses. Of the estimated 12 million Americans impacted, 4 million are believed to suffer serious harm.
By Jeffrey Brady MD, MPH – As a physician, I know that when patients and caregivers ask questions, it helps them be more fully engaged as part of their own healthcare teams.
By Jeffrey Brady MD, MPH – At the inaugural meeting, an important theme emerged at that first meeting: We are reaching the limits of what can be achieved by the familiar project-by-project or problem-by-problem approach to improving care.
By Jeffrey Brady MD, MPH – It’s never easy hearing a story about unnecessary harm endured by a patient who received wrong or unnecessary treatment—or something worse—because of a misdiagnosis. But the stories told last September at AHRQ’s Research Summit on Diagnostic Safety were numerous, upsetting, and sometimes tragic.
OUR STREAMING RADIO STATION
Our Podcast Channel
Miss any episodes of your favorite HealthcareNOW Radio shows? Find them all on our SoundCloud Channel. Play or Download Here
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- The Top 3 Mistakes Hospitals Make with Provider Capacity Management
- Revenue Cycle and Payer News 7-2-2019
- TNAP Collaborative Survey Finds Concern Over Privacy and Security Key Barrier to Interoperability
- Cedars-Sinai Joins BioLA to Advance Scientific Innovation
- 10 Ways Telemedicine Supports Behavioral Health
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net