By Edward Yang – As the new year ushers in, many health IT leaders are finding themselves at a critical juncture to make 2019 a transformative time for their organizations. In response to massive consolidation, healthcare reform and competitive pressures, hospitals and health systems are undergoing dramatic change.
By Gevik Nalbandian – Patient matching issues that result in duplicate records cost hospitals $1.5M a year, at an average of $1,950 per patient, and the U.S. healthcare system over $6 billion annually, according to a new survey by Black Book Research.
OUR STREAMING RADIO STATION
Our Podcast Channel
Miss any episodes of your favorite HealthcareNOW Radio shows? Find them all on our SoundCloud Channel. Play or Download Here
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- Getting to Zero Patient Bad Debt
- Lifting the U.S. Ban on a National Patient Identifier: 3 Things to Know
- Operating Rules for Payment-Related Transactions
- KHN’s ‘What The Health?’: Gun Violence And The Politics Of Public Health
- There is No Big Moment
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net