By Arshad Noor – In a recent blog post, Daniel Meissler theorizes that the benefits of quickly building bad software have so far outweighed the downsides. Though this sounds plausible and seductive, there is a more insidious picture being overlooked.
By Art Gross – It is no secret that despite increased awareness of data breaches around the globe, businesses continue to fall victim to cybercriminals exploiting their weak security measures.
By Matt Fisher – Data remains exposed in significant numbers in the healthcare industry. The monthly Protenus Breach Barometer shows that the trend of at least one breach per day in a month is continuing. To be specific, Protenus and Databreaches.net showed 37 breaches being disclosed for the first time in May.
By Matt Fisher – Regulatory schemes for the protection of data, whether healthcare or otherwise, are often criticized in the US for being fragmentary and siloed. No coordinated regulatory framework exists because that is not the way the law was implemented.
OUR STREAMING RADIO STATION
HealthcareNOW Radio – Past Episodes On Demand
Miss any episodes of your favorite HealthcareNOW Radio shows? Find them all on our SoundCloud Channel. Play or Download Here
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- PCMH Model of Care: The Cool Thing Healthcare Was Promised Long Ago
- TNAP Collaborative Launches Survey to Identify Issues with the Interoperable Exchange of Healthcare Data
- 4 Reasons Why Patient Education Should Be A Priority
- ReImagining Dementia
- 3 Million Fine Issued for PHI Breach of Over 300,000 Patients
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net