By Jim Tate - Over the holidays I have been thinking a lot about the MACRA & MIPS program. Maybe too much. Something about it doesn’t sit right with me. I have had a nagging sense that there was a flaw in the program.
Don’t miss our upcoming webinar event on January 25th at 2 pm ET/11 am PT Cybersecurity in Healthcare: Outlook for 2018.
On Tuesday, January 2, CMS launched a new data submission system for clinicians participating in the Quality Payment Program. Clinicians can now submit all of their 2017 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) data through one platform on the qpp.cms.gov website.
CMS is streamlining the attestation process for the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program by migrating attestation from the Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System to the QualityNet Secure Portal (QNet).
By Scott Gottlieb MD & Jeffrey Shuren, MD JD - Recently, the Food and Drug Administration has committed to several new policies that will modernize the agency’s approach to regulation in the medical device system.
The New Year is a time to look back and reflect on the previous year and take into account all that has changed in healthcare and technology in the last 365 days. Wondering what 2018 has in store? Take a look at some of these predictions made by a various companies, analysts and research firms.
From the Hayes Healthcare Leaders Blog Series - There’s a familiar quote that says, “Never make predictions, especially about the future.” But ‘tis the season for doing just that so we asked some of the leading healthcare experts to give us their predictions for the industry in 2018.
By David Holtzman JD - New data reporting on the incidence of malware and ransomware incidents in healthcare find that the majority of physicians are experiencing cyberattacks while many fear they are in the line of fire for future attacks.
Get Our eNews Digests
Stream HealthcareNOW Radio
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- Reflections on the 2017 Quality Payment Performance Year
- Nurses Maintain #1 Ranking as Most Honest and Ethical Profession
- EHNAC Announces Finalized 2018 Accreditation Criteria Versions for All Accreditation Programs
- PAW’s Predictions on the Not So Easy World of Analytics
- Interoperability: There is FHIR at the End of the Tunnel
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net
Most Read Posts
- Day 4: Calling Attention to Us
- Stop the Insanity: Physician’s Information Security Practices Must Change to End Cyberattacks
- Eligible Hospitals and CAHs: How to View Your Meaningful Use Data
- Learn More About Security on HealthcareNOW Radio