A Look Back at Meaningful Use Clarifications in 2011
A Year of Meaningful Use
As we close out 2011 with a look back at the topics we covered through our HITECH Answers news and update feed, we thought it would be helpful to recap the posts this year that provided much needed clarification on some of the Stage 1 Meaningful Use objectives and measures.
These 10 posts by no means cover everything we wrote this year on meaningful use; they do, however, address many of the questions raised by our readers.
- Recording Smoking Status on at least 50% of all unique patients 13 years old or older
- CMS Update Heart Failure CQM
- Meaningful Use and Documentation of Vital Signs
- Do Specialists Have to Meet All Meaningful Use Objectives
- Certified Software and Meaningful Use Exclusions
- Meaningful Use and the Patient Portal
- Meaningful Use and Clinical Summaries
- Meaningful Use and Exchange of Clinical Information
- Meaningful Use Measure and HIPAA
- Meaningful Use and the Patient Encounter