Day 2: Two Twitter Doves
On day two of our 12 Days of Christmas Posts we consider the relationships we’ve built, news we’ve shared, insights we’ve provided and all that we’ve learned by engaging with experts and industry thought leaders throughout the Twitterverse. Below we highlight some of our best twitter tips and recognize our loyal followers who accompany us on this health IT journey day in and day out.
Our Twitter Lists
There are more ways to create an informative Twitter account than by simply finding new and interesting people to follow. Did you know you can enhance your feed by subscribing to a few worthwhile Twitter Lists? Here are a few of our suggestions to get you started:
- On @HCNowRadio subscribe to our Station Favorites list.
- On @HITECHAnswers subscribe to our Network Contributors list.
Our Twitter Friends’ Lists
Additionally, some of our favorite Twitter friends have put together some of their own interesting lists also.
- On @Colin_Hung subscribe to Colin’s Healthcare Leaders list.
- On @BFMack subscribe to Brian’s mhealth list.
Our Loyal Retweeters
We would be remiss if we didn’t give a big shout out to our Twitter friends who regularly retweet our posts, mention us and spread the word with our radio show announcements. Obviously, these Tweeters are in the know and have good content to share as well, so maybe give them a follow and see what they’re up to.
- David Harlow, JD MPH – Seasoned Health Care Attorney and Consultant, host of Harlow on Healthcare and HIPAA Chat. Follow him on @healthblawg.
- Alpha II – Alpha II’s software-as-a-service products support coding, compliance, claims and encounter editing and revenue analysis for healthcare professionals, clearinghouses, and government entities—both directly and through software developers. Follow them on @Alpha_II
MDs to Follow
- Esther Choo MD MPH – Founder at Equity Quotient, board certified emergency medicine physician and Associate Professor in the Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine at Oregon Health & Science University. Follow Dr. Choo on @choo_ek.
- Nick van Terheyden, MD – Whisky Librarian, Public Speaker, Doctor in Maryland and host of The Incrementalist. Subscribe to Dr. Nick’s DocsOnTwitter list and follow him on @drnic1.
Nurses to Follow
- Brittney Wilson, BSN, RN – The nurse behind The Nerdy Nurse and co-founder of Health Media Academy, award-winning author and blogger, international keynote speaker, and influencer in the nursing and healthcare technology communities. Follow The Nerdy Nurse on @TheNerdyNurse.
- Kati Kleber MSN RN CCRN-K – Author, Speaker, Podcaster, Influencer, co-founder of Health Media Academy and owner of FreshRN. Follow Kati on @Kati_Kleber.
When: Every Tuesday, 12:00 pm ET
What: Monthly chats on marketing strategies in health IT. Sponsored by: Healthcare IT Marketing and PR Conference
When: Wednesdays, at 1:00 pm ET
What: These chats typically focus on topics related to gender diversity and equality within technology and related S.T.E.M. fields, leadership, work-life balance, government and global policy, health and well being, and the occasional reference to pop culture. Join the next #healthITchicks tweet chat.