Cybersecurity Virtual Panel Discussion
When: April 24 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
On this virtual panel discussion industry leaders discuss and share their thoughts and insights on the impact of cybersecurity on healthcare organizations. Topics for discussion will include:
- Ransomware attacks – what can providers and organizations do to limit exposure? And what actions need to be taken if a breach occurs?
- Blockchain and Healthcare data security – one of the trending topics at HIMSS this year – what is blockchain and is it truly unhackable?
- BYOD, Internet of Things (IoT), Medical Devices and their impact on security.
- Why healthcare lags other industries in thwarting attacks.
- Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force (Section 405 of the Cybersecurity Act of 2015) – Has this helped?
- HHS OCR stance on Cybersecurity.
- Final Thoughts on where the industry is headed.
Healthcare attorney Matt Fisher (@Matt_R_Fisher).
Matt is a Partner with Mirick O’Connell. Matt’s health law practice includes advising clients on complying with requirements of HIPAA, the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and other regulations in the context of daily operations, contractual arrangements, and relationships. He is the co-chair of the American Bar Association Health Law Section’s Distance Learning Committee and a Vice-chair of the Emerging Issues in Health Law Conference Planning Committee.
Clyde Hewitt, CISSP, CHS, VP, Security Strategy, CynergisTek
Brian Edds, Vice President, Product Strategy, Spok
Peter Dumont – Co-Chair WEDI Privacy/Security Workgroup