Cybersecurity and the Impact on Healthcare Organizations
Here at Answers Media Network, we regularly publish resources on cybersecurity to help physician practices, hospitals and business associates understand how to best thwart attacks and minimize exposure if there is a breach. These resources run the gamut, from published articles from industry thought leaders to episodes from various shows airing or aired on our HealthcareNOW Radio station. We also provide a few white papers and push a couple paid products and courses to help with compliance.
Here’s a rundown:
- Building Your Medical Device Cybersecurity Protocol
- The Psychology of Falling for a Phishing Email
- Healthcare and the Need for End-to-End Authentication
On Demand Podcasts
- On The Incrementalist, host Dr. Nick van Terheyden aka Dr. Nick talks to Troy Hunt, creator of HaveIBeenPwnd, Security Professional and Scammer Hunter. Hunt has a slew of videos catching security scams and is focusing on incremental steps to security for healthcare professionals. Listen Here
- On Harlow on Healthcare, host David Harlow talks to journalist Fred Trotter about his work as a healthcare data journalist and about his service on the federal cybersecurity task force, which issued a report last year. Listen Here
- And last year on Healthcare de Jure host Matt Fisher talked with Grant Elliot, CEO at Ostendio (@Ostendio_CEO @Ostendio). The two discuss cybersecurity concerns in the industry, and impact of the Equifax breach. Listen Here
Airing Now on HealthcareNOW Radio
You can also catch the current episode of Healthcare de Jure weekdays at 2 pm, 10 pm and 6 am ET on our radio, streaming live here. On the episode, Matt talks to the founders of Protenus about the current state of security in healthcare and how emerging technology will evolve security standards.
4MedPlus offers online certification courses on a variety of topics including cybersecurity. All of their courses come with CE’s. Their next course on cybersecurity starts September 12th and offers certification as a cybersecurity professional in 4 one-hour sessions. If you are a security technician, HIPAA compliance officer, HIPAA certified professional or consultant in the security industry, this is a great way to get your entire staff up to speed on new NIST guidelines and ongoing best practices to protect healthcare sites from cyber-attacks and other cyber-challenges.
You can save $150 off the cost of the course AND add a colleague or employee for free. You can learn more here about the course curriculum, dates, etc.