CMS Accepting Proposals for New Measures for the Medicare PI Program
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to remind eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals that the Annual Call for Measures for the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program is still open. Submit a measure proposal by June 28, 2019.
Proposals submitted by the deadline will be considered for inclusion in future rulemaking.
CMS is interested in adding measures that:
- Build on the advanced use of certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT) using 2015 Edition Certification Standards and Criteria;
- Promote interoperability and health information exchange;
- Improve program efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility;
- Provide patient access to their health information;
- Reduce clinician burden; and
- Align with MIPS Promoting Interoperability Performance Category.
Applicants should also consider the following when submitting their proposal:
- Health IT activities that may be attested to in lieu of traditional reporting;
- Potential new Opioid Use Disorder prevention and treatment related measures; and
- Measurable outcomes demonstrating greater efficiency in costs or resource use that can be linked to the use of health IT-enabled processes.
Proposals must be sent to CMSPICallforMeasures@ketchum.com. Applicants will receive email confirmations of their submission.
Submission forms must be complete to be considered. Proposals that do not provide information for every field/section in the form will not be evaluated for consideration. Any information/field not applicable to the measure proposal must state “N/A” or “not applicable” or the proposal will not be considered.
- Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures Submission Form
- Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures Fact Sheet