Lessons Learned from Beacon Communities The 17 ONC-funded Beacon Communities have compiled and synthesized their lessons learned from building health IT infrastructure, driving population health improvement and testing innovative approaches during the three-year program. This information is now available in six Learning Guides offering proven strategies and actionable information that can be adapted by hospitals, health systems, individual practices, and…
Beacon Communities Show Progress in Using Electronic Data for Quality Measurement The ONC's Beacon Community Cooperative Agreement Program funds 17 communities across the U.S. The Beacon Community Program is an initiative of the HITECH Act and supports our national effort to advance EHR adoption and meaningful use. The three goals of the Beacon Communities are to: To build and strengthen health IT and measurement infrastructures. Improve…
NeHC Panel Discussion to Address Interoperability Challenges in HIE The eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) is partnering with the ONC and its Beacon Communities in a live webcast highlighting the last two years of innovation and success in advancing health information technology adoption and use. You can participate in the webcast which will be on Thursday at 2pm EDT by registering. The…
This week's posts include Stage 2 Meaningful Use Affect on Patient Records and more... Has Technology Transformed Healthcare in the Right Direction Is Healthcare Information Technology Transformational? Maybe not.There is likely agreement that technology has provided innovation in the healthcare world and there is no doubt that we can point to the progress made with some ground breaking tools but... ...…
[caption id="attachment_9353" align="alignleft" width="125" caption="Jim Tate, Meaningful Use Expert"][/caption] Health Information Technology Tipping Point I was in Washington, DC last week for the 2011 ONC Annual Meeting. This was a three day program that brought together the awardees of all the programs that the HITECH Act created. The Regional Extension Centers attended along with the Beacon Communities, the State HIEs, the…
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- Could Billion Dollar EHRs Bankrupt the Country?
- What Happens When Specialists Don’t Get Patient Records from PCPs
- Connected Care: New Educational Initiative to Raise Awareness of Chronic Care Management
- AARP’s Opposition to the American Health Care Act
- A-B-C-D-E-F-G…These acronyms are killing me.
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net
2017 HIPAA Toolkit and Compliance Plan
Listen to HealthcareNOWradio.com
Most Read Posts
- New FAQs Online about Changes to the EHR Incentive Programs
- EPs: Remember to Submit Reconsideration Forms for the 2017 Payment Adjustment!
- Day 12: Sounding the Drums for 2017
- Securing Healthcare's Move to the Cloud