CMS Provides Interactive Stage 2 Resource on Meaningful Use, CQMsMarch 25, 2013 • By Roberta
CMS recently posted a new resource to help eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) prepare for Stage 2 Meaningful Use of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs. Available on the Educational Resources page of the EHR Incentive Programs website, the interactive Stage 2 Toolkit includes materials on Stage 2 and the 2014 clinical quality measure (CQM) requirements.
The toolkit was updated earlier this year and includes among other resources:
- Stage 2 Overview Tipsheet that provides an overview of the major provisions included in the Stage 2 final rule
- Stage 1 Changes Tipsheet which looks at the changes that were made to Stage 1 of meaningful use in the Stage 2 rule
- 2014 Clinical Quality Measures Tipsheet for information on the next phase of Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) and how to report them to meet meaningful use in 2014 and beyond
- New Objectives and Measures for Stage 2
- Gives details on hardship exemptions for eligible professionals, eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs)
- Provide an overview of the Public Health Reporting Objectives
Access the full Stage 2 Toolkit.
Reminder: The earliest that the criteria for Stage 2 will be effective is the first day of fiscal year 2014 (October 1, 2013) for eligible hospitals and CAHs, or calendar year 2014 (January 1, 2014) for EPs. All providers must achieve meaningful use under the Stage 1 criteria before moving to Stage 2.
And save the Date! CMS Listening Session on Billing and Coding with EHRs
Save the date, Friday, May 3, CMS and ONC plans a meeting of interested stakeholders, including providers, vendors, press, and others to discuss electronic health records (EHRs), the increase in code levels billed for Medicare services, and appropriate coding in an increasingly electronic environment. Speakers will discuss key issues such as the impact of EHRs on quality and coding, as well as coding challenges facing various groups, including hospitals, doctors, and other interested stakeholders. More details will be posted soon.