What you need:
- CMS Identity and Access Management (I&A) User ID and Password.
- CMS Certification Number (CCN).
- National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Hospital Tax Identification Number.
You do not have to provide information on the certified EHR technology you are using when you register. However, this information is required when you attest.
If you represent a hospital that meets all of the following qualifications, you are dually-eligible for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs:
- You are a subsection(d) hospital in the 50 U.S. States or the District of Columbia, or you are a Critical Access Hospital (CAH); and
- You have a CMS Certification Number ending in 0001-0879 or 1300-1399; and
- You have 10% of your patient volume derived from Medicaid encounters.
Hospitals that are eligible for EHR incentive payments under both Medicare and Medicaid should select “Both Medicare and Medicaid” during the registration process, even if they plan to apply only for a Medicaid EHR incentive payment by adopting, implementing, or upgrading certified EHR technology. Dually-eligible hospitals can then attest through CMS for their Medicare EHR incentive payment at a later date, if they so desire.
For more information and details on the registration process for the Incentive Program, visit the CMS EHR Incentive Program web site.