Just the Facts from Joe Friday
The numbers and facts you are about to see are all true… As of 7/1/2013
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the most recent numbers for the EHR Incentive programs. Here are some Program-to-date highlights from this latest CMS report – June.
- Active registrations of those completed totaled 405,437 breaking down with 269,580 Medicare EPs, 131,380 Medicaid EPs, and 4,477 hospitals.
- 49 of the 50 States have open Medicaid registrations. Hawaii has not begun their program but has stated it’s intention. Note from CMS: Just as state timelines for launching the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program vary, so do state timelines for other incentive program milestones, including when a state disburses its first incentive payment and when it starts collecting meaningful use attestations from eligible providers. For more information about when each state anticipates meeting specific incentive program milestones, as well links to states’ Medicaid EHR Incentive Program websites, please see your State EHR Incentive Program Milestones and Web Resources guide.
- A total of 309,802 unique providers have been paid with breakdown of 197,647 Medicare EPs, 95,461 Medicaid EPs, 4,024 eligible hospitals, and 12,670 Medicare Advantage Organizations for EPs.
- 9,225 EPs have received a HPSA bonus payment.
- 2,323 hospitals have received payments under both Medicare and Medicaid (of those, 380 were CAHs).
- A total of $15,507,963,743 has been paid out in the program to date.
- Medicare EPs have been paid $3,827,353,414 with the majority of those, Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy receiving $3,451,861,984.
- Medicaid EPs have been paid $2,161,165,571 with the majority of those, Physicians receiving $1,558,768,893.
- Eligible hospitals have been paid $9,194,961,866 with Medicare only $365,022,580, Medicaid only $243,452,068, and Medicare/Medicaid $8,586,487,218.
- Medicare Advantage Organizations For Eligible Professionals have been paid $324,482,892.
- Medicaid EHR Incentive payments began in January 2011 and Medicare EHR Incentive payments began in May 2011.
Visit the Data and Program Reports page on the CMS web site for the most up to date numbers on the EHR Incentive programs. For charting and analysis of this information, check out the Meaningful Use dataset on the HealthIT.gov Dashboard.
Have a good weekend.
Category: EHR Incentive Program