On August 23, 2012 both CMS and ONC released Final Rules for Stage 2 Meaningful Use and Standards and Certification Criteria.
Resources for the Stage 2 Final Rules
- HHS News Release – HHS announces next steps to promote use of electronic health records and health information exchange
- ONC Final Rule: The Health Information Technology: Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition; Revisions to the Permanent Certification Program for Health Information Technology.
- ONC Fact Sheet on final rule.
- HealthIT.gov Meaningful use stage 2 web page.
- CMS Final Rule: Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program–Stage 2
- CMS Fact Sheet on final rule.