By Art Gross - A study from the cloud services provider, Evolve IP suggests that over two-thirds of all healthcare organizations have employees using compromised email credentials.
By Anshu Jindal - Recently Medicare Part-B providers got their much awaited MIPS eligibility status letters from CMS. If you got MIPS exempt status as individuals (NPI level), pay close attention.
By Joseph Opacki - A bold statement, I know. After all, how could things get worse? Over the past two years healthcare has been targeted and breached more than any other industry. Fines for negligence have become commonplace, and reached new highs in 2016. And yet I’m confident in my prediction. Here’s why.
Don't miss David Harlow and his guest David Finn, security expert from Symantec o this weeks HIPAA Chat. Register now and get your questions answered on Thursday, May 25th at 1pm ET.
By Dr. Albert Villarin - Over the last decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) has entered our daily lives in the form of home automation, with sensors being added to fire alarms, door locks, and thermostats. For early adopters, IoT was an exciting reality.
The thought leaders in our community are good about sharing their thoughts on the issues of today. Here are the top read and shared guest posts of April.
Providers who have not demonstrated meaningful use successfully in a prior year and are seeking to demonstrate meaningful use for the first time in 2017 to avoid the 2018 payment adjustment must attest to Modified Stage 2 objectives and measures.
By Rita Bowen - As of September 30, 2013, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has received over 141,754 complaints. Over 24,500 of these led to OCR investigations, resulting in required changes to privacy practices, corrective actions or technical assistance.
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- Did You See theses Reports and Surveys?
- Mental Health Coding Tips to Avoid Payer Scrutiny
- Five Ways Effective Use of Alerts Helps Improve Patient Safety
- Bill Introduced to Improve Access to Physician-owned Hospitals
- Follow up to Women in Healthcare Events
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net
2017 HIPAA Toolkit and Compliance Plan
Listen to HealthcareNOWradio.com
Most Read Posts
- OCR Issues Second Largest HIPAA Fine to Date – $5.5 Million
- Security, Value-Based Care, Pop Health and AI All Key Topics at HIMSS17
- Why Using Encryption is Not Optional for Healthcare Organizations
- Submit Comments on Proposed Changes to EHR Incentive Programs by June 13