ATA Hosts Monthly Webcasts on Telemedicine, Telehealth and mHealth
Upcoming Telemedicine Events
The American Telemedicine Association is a leading international resource promoting the advancement of remote medical technologies. Established in 1993, this non-profit organization works to integrate telemedicine to improve quality of healthcare around the world. Membership in ATA is open to individuals, organizations, companies and others with an interest in learning about or deploying telemedicine.
The organization hosts a free monthly webcast that is open to members and non-members. The webcasts give an update on news impacting the practice of telemedicine, telehealth and mhealth. The format includes presentations, interviews, and live Q&A participation with the audience. Pre-registration is not required.
The next event is January 15th, 2013 at 2:00 pm Eastnern. Click here for the link to view the webcast and add it to your Outlook or iCalendar. This month’s session moderators are:
- Jonathan Linkous, Chief Executive Officer, American Telemedicine Association
- Gary Capistrant, Senior Director of Public Policy, American Telemedicine Association
And if learning more about telemedicine is one of your New Year’s resolutions, then check out ATA’s 2013 annual convention May 5 – 7 in Austin, Texas. For the past 18 years, the ATA Annual International Meeting & Trade Show has been the show to attend for healthcare professionals, companies and entrepreneurs in the telemedicine, telehealth and mHealth space. ATA 2013 is projected to attract over 6,000 attendees and 300 exhibit all vendors.
The educational sessions at ATA 2013 will offer training and updates on issues critical to the practice and industry of telemedicine. The courses and peer-reviewed sessions will aid practitioners in starting a telemedicine service and make informed clinical and business decisions. The educational session details include CME information will be available in January.
The ATA 2013 exhibit and trade show will cover all segments of the telemedicine industry including:
- Remote Monitoring & Home Telehealth Systems – Equipment and peripheral devices that help providers expand their clinical outreach and allow patients to stay in the comfort of their own homes.
- Mobile Health (mHealth) – Wireless technology, smart phones and health apps that are making healthcare a mobile 24/7 service.
- Outsourced Clinical Service Providers – Companies that provide a full suite of outsourced specialty services: ICU, cardiology, neurology, psychology and more.
- Teleradiology – Off-site solutions for 24/7 radiological consultations.
- Videoconferencing – Hardware, software and infrastructure for real-time video calls and telepresentating.
- Health Information Technology – HIT achieves true “meaningful use” when it is used with telemedicine to deliver quality healthcare.
Line up of keynote speakers include:
- Lynn Britton, President & Chief Executive Officer, Mercy
- Jeffrey O. Henley, Chairman, Oracle Corporation
- Reed V. Tuckson, MD, Executive Vice President, Chief of Medical Affairs, UnitedHealth Group