Virtual eLearning for eligible hospitals and eligible professional. Register today for these free webinars focusing on health IT adoption. Check back each week for new events.
By Sharon Arnold PhD - Determining whether digitized information’s enormous power can improve patient care is at the root of many serious conversations about health information technology (IT).
By Matt Fisher - Every day brings a new report of a security breach or other security based problem within healthcare. The unceasing cycle of issues gives rise to the question of what can and is healthcare doing about security and in particular cybersecurity.
By D’Arcy Gue - Let’s face it, there will always be a segment of your patient population that just isn't interested in using a patient portal. But with so much of life now conducted online, the good news is that robust design and usefulness will engage most patients.
By Mark Long - During my time at NASA, Zynx Health, several startups and Amazon I learned a thing or two about innovation. The key lesson is best summed as “Success is not delivering a project or product...
The Electronic Health Record Association recognized eight EHR developer companies for their move to the new version of the EHR Developer Code of Conduct during meetings at HIMSS17 in Orlando, FL, February 19-24.
By Gene Fry - For HIPAA covered entities and their business associates, keeping health data protected should be a top priority. Failing to do so can have disastrous consequences, not only by way of the civil and criminal penalties dealt out for breaching HIPAA’s rules.
By Jon Melling - The rising complexity of healthcare, particularly as it relates to providers’ growing technical needs, is increasingly prompting healthcare organizations to seek the help of outside consultants.
The thought leaders in our community are good about sharing their thoughts on the issues of today. Here are the top read and shared guest posts of February.
By Arman Sadeghi - With so much of the data controlled by doctors and hospitals on electronic devices, including mobile devices, desktop computers, servers, and in the cloud, the security of that data is quickly becoming the most important aspect of HIPAA (not HIPPA) compliance.
Get Our eNews Digests
EHR Incentive Program News
More Top Headlines
- Could Billion Dollar EHRs Bankrupt the Country?
- What Happens When Specialists Don’t Get Patient Records from PCPs
- Connected Care: New Educational Initiative to Raise Awareness of Chronic Care Management
- AARP’s Opposition to the American Health Care Act
- A-B-C-D-E-F-G…These acronyms are killing me.
- See all our sites aggregated content on HealthITAnswers.net
2017 HIPAA Toolkit and Compliance Plan
Listen to HealthcareNOWradio.com
Most Read Posts
- New FAQs Online about Changes to the EHR Incentive Programs
- EPs: Remember to Submit Reconsideration Forms for the 2017 Payment Adjustment!
- Securing Healthcare's Move to the Cloud
- CMS Website has Updated Information on CY 2017 and Stage 3 Requirements